no response for letter of intent

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

octobersky
User

no response for letter of intent

Postby octobersky » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:53 am

This will be my first year of having to notify school.
I sent my letter of intent via certified return receipt on 5/30, they recieved it on 6/1, I know they have 14 days, but i am starting to get nervous. What do I do if I do not hear anything from them by 6/15?
Oh and I am in the state of Ohio.
:?:

Ophelia
User

Re: no response for letter of intent

Postby Ophelia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:22 pm

octobersky wrote:This will be my first year of having to notify school.
I sent my letter of intent via certified return receipt on 5/30, they recieved it on 6/1, I know they have 14 days, but i am starting to get nervous. What do I do if I do not hear anything from them by 6/15?
Oh and I am in the state of Ohio.
:?:

Did you send it to the right place?

My first year I sent my NOI to the local Board of Education when I should have sent it to the county Board of Education.

In Ohio, if your school has "Local Schools" in the name, the notification needs to go to the county, not the city.

The city Board of Ed will most likely not respond, they are not authorized to excuse you from compulsory attendance, and may possibly believe that you are cc'ing them as a courtesy (which is what happen in my case).
Dawn

Mother of Fionn (5-7-01), Bailey (9-12-02) and Owen (8-7-07)

octobersky
User

Postby octobersky » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:47 am

The first time I sent it to the Superintendent of our lcoal school district, but they sent everything back within a day and gave me the name and address of who I should send it to.
So I am still waiting by the mailbox everyday, hopefully today will be the day.

Return to “Getting Started”