Page 1 of 1

Transcript services

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:42 am
by dianegrill
Can anyone refer me to a reliable transcript service? I need to have my son's current transcript from high school evaluated. He had to leave high school in his senior year for personal reasons and so we need to homeschool him for the remainder of his credits. We need to know what he academically still needs to complete. Is anyone able to give me any insight to this matter? Thank you very much for any help.

Re: Transcript services

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:43 pm
by Theodore
The school board or the counselor at your local high school (or a number of Internet sources) will be able to tell you what courses are required for high school graduation in your state. If you aren't sure whether a certain course has been properly completed or not, Google for syllabuses and compare them with the work your son has done. After you mark off each core course as completed, sign your son up for a nationally standardized test (AP, CLEP, DANTES) covering that subject. Whatever college your son applies to will accept the test scores as evidence of completion.

Short version: No, I don't know of a reliable transcript service in your state (NJ). All the transcript service would do, though, is verify the courses that have already been completed, and you can do that even better through standardized testing.