Another Newbie :P At least one ADHD kiddo

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

puggles04
User

Another Newbie :P At least one ADHD kiddo

Postby puggles04 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi all! :D
Yep, another homeschooling beginner. I am a SAHM of 3, soon to be 4 kiddos, 8, 7, and 18months. I am planning to start this fall. I have been looking over various curricula and have decided on the Lifepac series for now. As we go through the curriculum, I plan to add hands on activities to help. I don't want to overload us the first year. I know my kids will need plenty of breaks and a timer will be helpful. I also plan to implement tactics from the Flylady. :)

What has worked for you and your kids with the wiggle fidgets? Any tips and advice?

Thanks in advance. :)

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:30 pm

My youngest son sometimes will not sit still while I am teaching him (age 10) so this year, I bought some Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty. He holds it while we do school work and it helps a lot. He has a lot of energy. We all LOVE the stuff and plan to buy some more for the next school year. He wants the magnetic kind and can't wait for me to order it. I would think it would be wonderful for a kid with ADHD. (I order mine from Amazon.com)Here's a link to their site:

http://www.puttyworld.com/

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Here is a link to a blog that might be helpful also:

http://adhdguide.blogspot.com/2008/08/h ... ld_26.html

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Many blessings,
Susan

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.

Return to “Getting Started”