Need Advice.

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

TNEarthmama
User

Need Advice.

Postby TNEarthmama » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm a full time college student (nursing) our hope had been for me to be done with school before our son started Kinder. Well now it looks like I may be in school for at least 1 semester thru his Kinder year.

Is it possible to HS and still be a student myself??? I may be working part time also at the time.. Only Sat/Sun.

I tend to do more work with him when I'm home. Husband does not really get involved much with the school stuff.. When I'm studying I sit son down and give him projects, letters, crafts, stuff to work on and help him as he asks questions.
SAHM to 2 wonderful boys 4 and 2 preparing my self to homeschool them... All along attending college myself.

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:28 am

Yes, I think it is very possible. Especially since he is in kindergarten, it will work out for you. When a child is in kindergarten, they can accomplish their school work in a very short time. (possibly one hour)

I guess the main thing you will be teaching him is how to read. That might take up the biggest chunk of your time each day. Then a little bit of basic math and handwriting. It won't take up much more time to do science and social studies. It's just so simple for kindergarten, so yes, I believe you can easily do it! :)

FFkm
User

Re: Need Advice.

Postby FFkm » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 am

Mother to a toddler;
Teacher to a 10-year-old
Cool Math

hsingscrapper
User

Re: Need Advice.

Postby hsingscrapper » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Return to “Getting Started”