Not sure if homeschooling is the way to go

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Alison0123
User

Not sure if homeschooling is the way to go

Postby Alison0123 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello,

I have a 4 year old that will be 5 Aug. 1st but where I live in Missouri you have to be 5 by July 31st to enroll in kindergarten. I wanted to know if it would be a smart move to homeschool him this coming year and then place him in 1st grade the following year or is it better to wait? This past year he has be in a half-day preschool but I feel he is ready to learn more then what they can offer. I'm LOST I could really use some help in making this decision!!!

elliemaejune
User

Re: Not sure if homeschooling is the way to go

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Tabby
User

Re: Not sure if homeschooling is the way to go

Postby Tabby » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 am

If it's a difference of one day, have you tried just asking if they'll accept him anyway? I can't imagine them being that strict if you phone or write to them and explain that he's ready and will be far too advanced for his class if he has to wait until next year.

If that doesn't work, yes of course you should homeschooling! It's a great way for kids to learn and for you to be involved in their learning. If it's only for one year I don't think you need very structured learning, but of course I think that you should consider long term homeschooling!

Return to “Getting Started”