Does it need to be accredited for homeschooling

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

momsonthemove
User

Does it need to be accredited for homeschooling

Postby momsonthemove » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:03 am

hi everyone. just move here in the US. i got a daugther and a son both finished regular schooling and now they are supposed to be on 2nd grade and 8th grade.Because of my husband's job we have no choice but to move from one home to another. we are now in iowa and i think it is best for my kids to do homeschooling. Does it need to be an accredited homeschool so just in case we decided to stay in place for a longer time my kids can transfer to a regular school. Thanks for all the infos and links about online homeschool it really helped... i just need more links for free online homeschool and it's ok if we buy curriculums. What do you think is the best online homeschool that there is no pressure in the pace of study...kids can do online tests and they can email us their grades, and also some biblical lessons within the curriculum?
hope you can help me out. thanks again

elliemaejune
User

Re: Does it need to be accredited for homeschooling

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 am

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

momsonthemove
User

Postby momsonthemove » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:12 pm

thanks for the info. Actually, i really don't want to mess with state laws since we are going to move from one place to another... and am really getting confused with accreditation. That's why i considered homeschooling, we can study and finished schooling wherever place we end up.I guess if you do online homeschooling that would be eligible enough if we decide to put the kids back into an actual school. Could you please give me some online homeschool that are affordable and they have a bundle (tuition fee and curriculum included) and we can do studying at our pace. I have some of the schools that i got from your thread like Class, Cava k12 ...thanks for the HSLDA info i will be joining.

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Return to “Getting Started”