nervous mum needs advice

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Blanche
User

nervous mum needs advice

Postby Blanche » Tue May 31, 2016 12:28 am

Hi all, I am new on here and am looking for some advice. We are seriously considering taking my 7 year old daughter out of school. We have done loads of research, met some local HE families, found out the relevant laws where we live and I feel I am just about to take the plunge. However I am now nervous. In the past I have struggled with having very little time to myself, I also have a 3 year old daughter. Although I can think of several practical ways to keep our home calm and to give myself the occasional down time, it is such a big step to remove her completely from school. I truly believe it will be the best thing for her but what if I can't cope? Has anybody experienced this self doubt? Maybe I am not the type of person to take this challenge on? I am organised and self motivated, I like to be busy, at present I have very little alone time but taking this step into NO alone time is a serious concern. Please be honest, I am reluctant to share these fears with anyone I really know so let me know if you have any advice. Please.
Thanks. B -censored-

elliemaejune
User

Re: nervous mum needs advice

Postby elliemaejune » Tue May 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Welcome, Blanche. :D

I moved your post to the "Getting Started" forum. :D

All of us have that feeling when we reach the point where we have to do the thing that makes us Officially Homeschooling. Most of us have asked ourselves the same questions you are asking. And most of us figure things out as we go along.

Kudos for meeting some other homeschooling families.

As far as alone time, you might need to just make sure the children have early bedtimes. Grocery shopping alone is amazingly fulfilling. One of the things that often happens when people begin homeschooling is that they find out after awhile that alone time is not nearly as necessary as it used to be. :-)
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Blanche
User

Postby Blanche » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm feeling much better and more confident in our decision (although still incredibly nervous ) , but it definitely helped to hear from someone who has experience in this area. ☺

freestown7
User

Postby freestown7 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:23 am

I know only one https://eromassage.com/ I trust a lot. You see, masseuses were great! Both very professional and gave wonderful massages. We received multiple compliments on their technique and would love to have them back anytime! If you are looking for some hot emotions, them it is highly recommended

Return to “Getting Started”