Homeschool Name?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:09 pm

Our state requires us to name our school so we chose Fellowship Christian School. I just made school picture ID's for my kids, with them there are some state sponsored things we can get into free. They also double as "in case of emergency cards" and I carry one in my purse for each of them too. I love the idea of T-shirts though. I hadn't thought of that.

jesuslovingchik
User

Postby jesuslovingchik » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Brandie
User

Homeschool Name?

Postby Brandie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:45 pm

I have 3 girls and I was thinking of naming our HS something like: (our last name) Girls Academy. What do you all think? Is adding the 'girls' part sound corny, or worse, does it sound like a place for wayward girls??

VeronicaSue
User

Re: Homeschool Name?

Postby VeronicaSue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:00 pm

I know this is a Old Post but It is how I found this very useful Forum so I wanted to share with you the name of our Home School. Also because it has very sentimental value to me.
Our Name is Stender Creative Learning Academy.
I tossed around a lot of names with the help of all of the post here. I am a creative person and I love being creative. And I want My Boys education to be Creative. I also tossed around adding the names of Old Learning or Old Creative Learning and ect. For the reason that I see some of the Old School learning from my school days that truly taught me things are not being used in the schools of today.
But I decided to go with a name in loving memory of My Mother who was all about education and us girls getting a good education as well as helping us bettering our chances of a better education while still in the public school system. When the school couldn't provide textbooks to bring home or early in our education when there were so many heavy school books to bring home and we had a long walk to and from school. Our Mother found where they sold the school books at and purchased the very expensive textbooks so that we would have them at home. No matter how financially poor and broke we were. Our Mother educated us on many everyday Life Skills that has totally helped us in adulthood that we never thought of them as being lessons way back when. <3
Our Mother is no longer with us. But at the age of 69 she was still seeking out knowledge. Our Mother was taken from us as she was on her way to catch a bus to head off to her early morning classes at her college. Education and knowledge meant so very much to her. So now Stender Creative Learning Academy is born. <3
Thank You everyone for sharing your Homeschool names and how you came about them. They so very much in not just in given our homeschool a name but as well as Honor a very strong willed woman who knew the value of Education, Learning and Knowledge. My Mother. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. <3
Knowledge is Golden
~ Stender Creative Learning Academy

Homelearners
User

Re: Homeschool Name?

Postby Homelearners » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:05 pm

The kids really enjoying having a name for our school and it gives them a response other than home school when meeting other kids.

Return to “Getting Started”