National Testing For Our Kids

We figure you know what you want to talk about better than we do, so why not give us a hand in picking topics?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

lydiavj
User

National Testing For Our Kids

Postby lydiavj » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Who Says Stay At Home Moms Can't Have It All?

Be a WAHM like me!
Visit: www.netmomof2.com

iamnettie
User

Postby iamnettie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:16 pm

I am certified Iowa Basic Test Administrator and that is what I will be doing with my kids. Missouri, were I live, does not require any testing, but for my own piece of mind I would like to, just to see if my kids are keeping up or ahead of the average. I am also a Stanford administrator too.

If you go here: http://www.bjupress.com/services/testing/tests.html you can see if you qualify to be a test administrator or you can find people who are certified to be test administor to give the test for you. One of the things it ask on the applications if you want your name and phone number to be in a data base for others to contact you if they want you to test their children.

LasPlagas
User

Postby LasPlagas » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:50 am

I take the Iowa every year. I'm pretty proud of my grades with them too. Aparently I had math like a sophmore in college in 7th grade. :P

oneofthegirls
User

testing

Postby oneofthegirls » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 am

Though our state does not require testing, I decided a few years ago to subject my girls to testing through the local public school. They were put into a classroom with a teacher and children they did not know. This teacher was having a horrible day- and yelled and screamed at the kids. One of girls ended up crying and doing horrible on a few sections of her test.
My advice- whatever testing you do, make sure that your child is in an environment that is as familiar and stress free as possible. I have heard that our hs group has certified IOWA test admins also. I think that this is the best way to go- and am checking into it for this year.
good luck
“When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.â€

Jill
User

Postby Jill » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Jill

Return to “Suggest a Topic”