What to do after lesson completion?

We figure you know what you want to talk about better than we do, so why not give us a hand in picking topics?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

TheatreBlood
User

What to do after lesson completion?

Postby TheatreBlood » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:59 am

I am a current sophomore at my highschool. I am trying to switch to homeschooling as the school's curriculum (even its honor classes) tends to go slower than I am comfortable with, and the overall environment and people are very toxic towards my mental health (causing unnecessary and sporatic fits of stress and atypical depression). :(
While my mother is convinced to put me through homeschooling for my junior and senior year, my father is not. While he has many questions, he is most concerned about the possibility of me becoming very lazy and not doing anything throughout the duration of the day if I happen to finish lessons early. :|
This point was used against me most recently while I was on Fall Break. We couldn't afford to go anywhere during the week, I only have my driver's permit (I won't have a license until late December), and the weather wasn't very favorable throughout most of the week, so I had no other choice than to stay at home all day until my parents got back from work. During dinner one of these nights, my dad brought up the question of how what I did over Fall Break would be any different from what I would do if I was homeschooled (that is to say, sitting around doing nothing and being lazy).
I need help. What are some things I could tell him to convince him that this isn't my intention behind homeschooling? I've already tried telling him that I could go outside or drive around after lessons to not stay coupped up in the house, but he wasn't convinced. :cry:

elliemaejune
User

Re: What to do after lesson completion?

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:42 am

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

taniyuki
User

Re: What to do after lesson completion?

Postby taniyuki » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:05 pm