Not so New York

Anything specific to homeschooling in the state of New York.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Tabby
User

Not so New York

Postby Tabby » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am

Hi, I'm not homeschooling my little girl but have only just started, and I'm a stay at home mom to a baby boy as well. In NYC I haven't met anyone who supports the idea of homeschooling and I feel so judged! I'm wondering if people get that everywhere or if anyone else has felt like that with other strong minded New Yorkers?

Emma458
User

Re: Not so New York

Postby Emma458 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi!

I am in NY too just upstate, and trust me its everywhere.

I have had all the judgmental comments, now after 3 (this is my 4th year) years of homeschooling I use to get snarky comments from my neighbors or some "friends" and now they say "Oh I wish I could homeschool". I have had several friends of friends message me about homeschooling. My brother now homeschools and my sister was going to but her daughter wanted to be a cheerleader and couldnt homeschooling.

But eventually the people who know you homeschool will either go with it and stop with the correcting of your child or you just stop associating with them and find new friends who are more supportive. :D

Good luck with homeschooling, it is actually very rewarding!
Single Full Time Working (Outside the home) Mom :!:
Oldest son 9th grade
Younger Son 7th Grade
Daughter 5th Grade
4th year homeschooling and I think I might have the right system going now :D

shevalie
User

Postby shevalie » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:06 am

New York has a wonderful beauty academy, believe me this is the best place to learn permanent makeup, microblading, eyelash extensions. here a certificate is issued that can be used in working for yourself and thus the image of doing business in this area with the further expansion of the business. we are talking about the fact that it will be possible to open your own salons. https://360beautyacademy.com/

vedov
User

Postby vedov » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:59 am

Motivating yourself to be social while working online can be a challenge, especially when remote work often involves isolation. However, maintaining social connections is essential for your mental and emotional well-being.
Establish specific work hours, and outside of those hours, make a conscious effort to be social. This clear separation can help you allocate time for social interactions without feeling guilty about taking a break from work.
Plan short social breaks in your workday. Use these breaks to call or video chat with friends and family. These brief moments of connection can boost your mood and motivation.

pekec
User

Postby pekec » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:12 am

Working online can feel depressing at some point. However, everything depends on you. There are many people who work online. And you can also communicate with them. Look for online communities, forums, or social media groups related to your interests or industry. Connecting with like-minded people can provide a sense of community and social interaction. Also, don't forget about your appearance. Your figure and your image are your work on yourself! Wants to be beautiful? scroll through LoveHairStyles soon! This is an online magazine for both men and women that will show you how different hairstyles can look, for example lemonade braids https://lovehairstyles.com/lemonade-braids/ and many others. You will also learn how to care for your hair type.

Sugar
User

Postby Sugar » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:10 pm

Thank you for sharing the details. For example, I didn’t even know about it.

Sugar
User

Postby Sugar » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:35 pm

In the digital realm, authenticity can be elusive, but I found a video chat platform https://bongacams.com/mature exclusively dedicated to genuine conversations with girls. The simplicity of the interface and the authenticity of the community immediately caught my attention. Excited about the potential for real conversations and building connections beyond the surface.

Return to “New York”