Cell Phone Etiquette or Not

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

Cell Phone Etiquette or Not

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:26 am

What did we miss talking about before cell phones. How much do we need to run our mouths? And without consideration for others.

I hate it when a visiting teenager, someone delivering a package, an adult guest, walks into my house talking on the phone with no cares about a polite greeting.

Or, as one of my kids' friends have done, enter my house, go straight to the couch or a bedroom to talk on the phone!

The conversation needs to stop before entering the house.

4given
User

Postby 4given » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:12 am

I hear you!!!

A GM for a local TV station just did a video editorial in which he unloaded his frustrations at the MULTITUDE of young people who are unable to make it through a 90 minute movie without texting incessantly. I was ready to give him a standing ovation by the time he was done.

He did observe that his trip to see Gran Torino was an ENTIRELY different experience. He hypothesized that those drawn to see a Clint Eastwood movie were old enough to know better.

Personally, I have seen quite a few adults sitting around with their fingers tapping away, while oblivious to the world around them... including their children.

Shall we liken it to the old "frog in the pot" analogy? Has it become increasingly more acceptable to be rude and inconsiderate? Maybe we could all benefit from some manners instruction. That is... if we can put the cell phones down long enough to receive instruction. (I use the term "we" loosely :) )

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:53 pm

4given
User

Postby 4given » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:45 am

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”