Winter pick-me-up

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

Winter pick-me-up

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:01 pm

Last week when the forecast called for snow and ice, I knew I'd better get to Lowe's and the wallpaper store to get my supplies. My grandson would not be coming and my other children would sleep late. I had been experimenting with colors and paper too long. This was my opportunity to paint and paper. Actually, my husband painted (he took the lesser of the two evils) and I papered below the chair rail around the entire room. That was last week. I am still tired from those two intense days, (its my age) but I really enjoyed myself and the room looks beautiful.

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:56 pm

What a great idea! I am actually blessed with completly renovating a house before we move in. My father moved out and we move in, it needs a lot of work but we are scraping walls and picking out colors. Redecorating is a great winter pick me up! even if it's just new curtains.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:55 am

Now, that it is spring, are you thinking of the landscape? It pays to take a lot of time to plan carefully, so you are not working the same area again and again cause you don't like what you did the first time. Look through landscape books from home improvement store or the library. Talk to someone from local nursery. Draw a diagram of yard, mark N, S,E, W. Take notice of shady and sunny areas. Write down what ideas. flowers, and plants that you like. Decide realistically how much time you have to devote to a vegetable and flower garden and the rest of the yard. Will you and your spouse share the work of maintaining the yard? The results are worth the work.

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”