No Child Left Behind???

Anything specific to homeschooling in the state of Florida.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

pdallariva
User

No Child Left Behind???

Postby pdallariva » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:44 pm

I am currently trying to homeschool my 9th grader who has a social fobia and will not leave the house. We have tried Hospital Homebound and it was not for him and we have also tried Florida Virtual and it was a mess trying to figure it out. I have been in contact with almost everyone in the district including DCF and I am not getting any help. I am asking for them to either provide funding for a tutor or for them to provide a tutor in home. I have been getting the run around for 7 months and the work that my son should be learning I can't even teach him because I have no idea what I am doing. If there is anyone out there that can help please contact me back. I am desperate at this point.

Thank you
Patricia Dalla Riva

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:58 pm

I'm so sorry your dc is having so many problems. :-(

Instead of trying to go through the public school (even if theoretically the public school should provide those services) why not actually homeschool, following Florida's homeschool laws?

Here's HSLDA's legal analysis of FL homeschool law. http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Florida.pdf

Here's a list of homeschool organizations in Florida:
http://www.hslda.org/orgs/default.aspx?State=FL
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

DesIgnayshun
User

Re: No Child Left Behind???

Postby DesIgnayshun » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:53 am

thank you so much so helpful website link i can do eaisly prepared for tutor i do really appreciate

Return to “Florida”