AP Language and Composition Class offered

The one place in the forum where you can freely advertise your local events, services, commercial products, etc. Let others see what you have to offer!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

HomeSchoolDad1979
User

AP Language and Composition Class offered

Postby HomeSchoolDad1979 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:35 pm

Hello all!

I wanted to reach out to fellow homeschoolers about an AP Language and Composition course I will be offering this fall. It is a semester based virtual course running on Saturdays from September 17th to January 14th. We will be off on November 26th, December 24th and 31st. Each class will be 2 hours long and will require Zoom and Google Classroom. All instruction will be LIVE.

I am College Board certified and have been trained in person by leaders in the Advanced Placement field.

In this course, we will analyze a variety of nonfiction texts, including historical speeches, to understand the author’s purpose (thesis).

We will study and compose three types of essays:

-Rhetorical Analysis- Students will read a nonfiction text and analyze how the writer’s language choices contribute to the intended meaning and purpose of the text.

-Synthesis- After reading 6–7 sources about a topic (including visual and quantitative sources), students will compose an argument that combines and cites at least 3 of the sources to support their thesis.

-Argumentative- Students will create an evidence-based argument that responds to a given topic.

You will also practice answering multiple-choice questions similar to those on past AP exams, and develop strong essay test-taking skills like organization and time management.

More information can be found here: https://aplangprofessor.blogspot.com/20 ... ourse.html

Thank you for your time.

Return to “Local Events, Services, Commercial Products”