keep your papers safe, and in triplicate!!

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

momo3boys
User

keep your papers safe, and in triplicate!!

Postby momo3boys » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:34 pm

I just wanted to remind everyone that just one copy is not enough, things happen and in this technological age there is no excuse. I lost almost all of the last two years of portfolios. Some varmints spilled beef broth all over the shelf they were on. I cried all day, as I took pictures of stinky washed out papers.... :cry: Just a reminder.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:09 pm

MelissaM
User

Postby MelissaM » Sun May 17, 2009 2:48 am

Get yourself a scanner, and a digital camera, and keep a digitised version on your hard drive as well - maybe even a DVD for each year.
You can't be too careful and it also takes up less room!
Getting Started in Homeschooling is easy at www.YourHomeschoolCommunity.com

erin
User

Postby erin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 pm

absolutely! we keep everything backed up online. the computer smelled funny one day and the next thing i heard was this bang and then i smelled smoke. (almost as bad as beef broth!) except we lost more than just a couple years of papers. we lost the checkbook, pictures of the kids, etc. We now pay our 50 bucks/year for online backup of everything. peace of mind for a small price!! and we can retrieve the info from anywhere we can get internet.

MelissaM
User

Postby MelissaM » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:09 am

That sounds like a great idea. Who do you do that through, and how much space do you get?
Getting Started in Homeschooling is easy at www.YourHomeschoolCommunity.com

macro_grp02
User

Triplicate Copies

Postby macro_grp02 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:40 am

I suggest 4 copies. 1 hardcopy, one saved on your computer (scannned) and the other saved as a draft on your email (scannned). Another is to send a copy to yourself via email. This works for me. Not just for school records but for everything important.

mamaof2hsboys
User

Postby mamaof2hsboys » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I also keep mine loaded on a flash drive as well that way if anything happens to my hard copy or computer, I still have a copy on hand.
MAMAOF2HSBOYS

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”