Missouri Daily Log

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

cclake
User

Missouri Daily Log

Postby cclake » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:57 pm

:? I realize we are to have a plan book, portfolio ect... I am just really confused about the ACTUAL DAILY LOG CONTENT!! I know what the law states, but I have read SO MANY contradictions about the detail that goes into it! I am literally losing sleep over this!!
I have logged my son's attendance, hours, grades, ALL THE WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE STUFF! I just do not know what they expect under the actual assignment that day for the subject! Some say, don't write too much, others say, don't leave it opened to possible questions that might otherwise not have been asked! I am going CRAZY over this! I abide by the law in all it's entirety, but MY GOD! This just doesn't seem quite fair! ARE THEY WANTING US TO MESS UP?
As far as what my son did today in a particular subject, is this too much detail? I have written for EXAMPLE: under social studies:....Civil War Lesson Plan-The Everything Civil War Book-Chapter 1-read pages 1, 2, 3-worksheet #1 ? If were supposed to write all this in those tiny little squares, then why not just hand over the plan book too? I am new to this? So I am just frustrated OK? Is the daily log just a repeat of everything to what is in the plan book? ALL ON ONE PIECE OF PAPER?
Please don't suggest I join a group!!!!!!!!!!!! I have other children, ONE TOTALLY DISABLED! I barely have time to leave & go to the grocery store!
ANOTHER PLACE TO BE is the last thing I need! I just want to give my son's a good education!
Can Anybody give me a pretty confidant answer as to what the law wants here? [/b]

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 am

For the recordkeeping end of things, a brief weekly summary of what subjects / activities were covered, some samples of work, and a grade estimate of how well your son is doing should be sufficient. You don't need to go into much detail, the state won't be interested in reading through a 500-page tome at the end of the year.

For the daily log, all you need is hours covered in each subject. You don't even need to write down when in the day the hours were covered, just "x hours of algebra, x hours of biology" and so on. The state is just looking for an easy way to verify that you covered the minimum number of hours required. Don't bother being accurate down to the minute.

cclake
User

Theodore

Postby cclake » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Correct. Only hours for each subject.

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:31 am

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:39 am

Or you could just write the hours for the day on an index card, then put all the index cards for the year in a box. You can carry index cards around with you more easily than a computer, and it's not like the log is going to be complicated enough to need software.

iamnettie
User

Postby iamnettie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”