Whoops! Help on record keeping please!

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

TheUrbanWriter
User

Whoops! Help on record keeping please!

Postby TheUrbanWriter » Thu May 26, 2011 2:18 am

I've just realized this serious-like problem. I've been homeschooled for over 8 years now and my parents haven't kept a record of anything (not of my work, my junk, or whatever my brain spat out in form of words). Is this serious? I'm pretty close to 18 and I'm worried that, without a record of everything I've done, the college I want to go to (Georgia State University) won't accept me. Help!
I will NEVER let you go--Saphira, Eldest

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Thu May 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

TheUrbanWriter
User

Postby TheUrbanWriter » Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 pm

I will NEVER let you go--Saphira, Eldest

homeschoolpop
User

Homeschool Record Keeping

Postby homeschoolpop » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:53 pm

When did you start being Homeschooled? I can only speak from our experience but just to give you an idea and/or suggestion...School of Tomorrow carries a Homeschooling Record Keeper. Contained within this H. R. K. Kit is an Academic Record/Permanent Record. If you were withdrawn from a School you /your Parents should have gotten this from that School. If you spent your entire School Career in Homeschooling I suppose that would depend on your State's Law regarding the Record Keeping is what or how much information you'd need and/or have. But as far as College you will need to ask of the School what their requirements are. But purely as a suggestion maybe purchasing a (one) Homeschooling Record Keeping Kit from School of Tomorrow would/could give you that burst of inspiration to create a list of Subjects as well as Attendance Record, and Permanent Record-depending on the requirements of your desired School.
"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises...leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself." Bonhoeffer

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”