EReader any suggestion?

Phonics, reading, writing, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Mitchie123
User

EReader any suggestion?

Postby Mitchie123 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello,

My daughter loves reading books, she is really fond of using the physical books, which I respect, however, we live in a condo, and a reality check, it is not practical keeping all the books that over time collect dust and consume so much space.

Currently, we are using BJU Books plus their Online features, I am ok with this, but hopefully, I get to convince her to use an e-reader for her other books, to prevent overfilling our house.

She had kindle 3 years ago, it got broken and she said it's fine since she enjoys reading physical books more. But then, as a mom who would want to keep our house as spacious and as neat as possible, I would like to encourage her to read using an E-Reader. At the back of my head, I am hoping that I shift her to an E-Reader, she will still be as inspired to read.

I was looking at this link, https://thewiredshopper.com/kindle-unli ... #tab-con-1, basically, they are comparing Amazon Prime from Kindle. They are saying Kindle is really more for serious readers which is my child but at the same time, I like the features Amazon Prime has. I am so confused, but I guess at the end of the day it's not really what I like, but what my child would enjoy and whatever that will convince her to ditch out physical books and just use an E-Reader.

Your thoughts and input are appreciated.

P.S. Planning to get this for her this Christmas.

Thank you.

Hobbitchild
User

Re: EReader any suggestion?

Postby Hobbitchild » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:05 pm

If you are looking for an e-book for your daughter, I recently published a book on Amazon it’s called “Memory Lane Was Moved”. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Memory-Lane-Move ... 038&sr=8-2
It is a book for ages 9 to 12. Also, you don’t need a Kindle to read this book, you just need the Kindle app on any tablet. I think it works on a phone, too. My book is completely free for five days.
Hope this helps!

ssj4
User

Postby ssj4 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Mainly posting for the nest reader since the original post is only a year old.

I think the best solution here is borrowing books from the library. After she's done reading them, you can just return them.

WRT Kindle, I'm assuming you are talking about the e-ink versions. Amazon used to make larger Kindles (like 11") but not they seem to only make the 6" version. The trouble with the 6" Kindle is that (besides being B&W only) anything with diagrams and graphics messes up the page formatting, making for difficult reading (this means most textbooks). If she only reads novels, then the 6" Kindle will work great.

markmark
User

Postby markmark » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:22 am

I do understand that physical books are irreplaceable. But please encourage children to use libraries and purchase pre-loved books. New books mean more trees are chopped, resulting in environmental issues. E-readers are the future, and a Kindle is less hurtful to the eyes as compared to other digital sources. Also, wrt to reading, please introduce the use of literature guides for analyzing texts to develop research acumen.

Return to “Reading, Writing, Language Arts”