Need help for preschool Four Seasons theme

Plant, animal, or mineral?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

treshay
User

Need help for preschool Four Seasons theme

Postby treshay » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:45 pm

I'd love to do something for my 4yr old to help her learn about the four seasons. So far I was able to find a worksheet to do with her which has her coloring four pictures of trees with different seasons. Does anyone have any ideas or websites where I might find some good books for the preschool age on the seasons? Or even a website with lesson plans?

I would just like to cover it more than just having her color a picture - if coloring a picture were all it takes to become educated on a subject then she could be a veteranarian by now for all of the animals she's colored LOL.

Thanks in advance.
Teresa, mother to Mackenzie (8 ), Breanna (4) and Emmalee (5months)

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:44 am

You have to sign up here but it is free. http://www.learningpage.com/free_pages/home.html I have never received any emails or junk from them so I guess they don't send you a lot of junk emails. They have monthly sets and there are different coloring and activity sheets in these sets. They have other downloads too. I personally have downloaded everything they currently have and burned it on a CD so I will have it for the youngest one when it is time. I just go back periodically and check for new stuff to get. It is geared for grades prek - 3rd grade. Have you looked somewhere like Dollar General or the Dollar stores? Hope you find what you are looking for. I would try searching the internet for "free seasonal coloring pages" or something like that. Good Luck.

Morgan
User

Postby Morgan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:18 am

www.edhelper.com

This site is very useful for K-12 worksheets, lesson plans, activities, and reading comprehensions. You can sign up for free on it, and I'm not sure if you can browse the site without signing up.

By searching "seasons" or something along those lines in search box, you can find reading comprehensions, worksheets, and more activities for your daughter to use. Just print and ta-da!

Hope this helps!
"What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child."
- George Bernard Shaw

treshay
User

Postby treshay » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:35 pm

treshay
User

Postby treshay » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:19 pm

Return to “Science”