why do you want your child to be homeschooled?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Fireside
User

Postby Fireside » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 am

I've been homeschooled my whole life, because the Holy Spirit through the Word of God was showing my parents that something was wrong with the systems of education that he had in this country. And when I start homeschooling my children, it will be for the same reason; the discipleship of the children is the primary responsibility of the father aided and supported by the mother is the ONLY Biblically acceptable method of education of children. Family, family, family. That's what it's about. The fact that the public school system is so corrupt is not even relevant to the debate of, "Should we or shouldn't we homeschool". We should all do it because that is what the Lord desires and commands of us.

If we are going to win the fight, we must stand on the Standards of the Lord, not on our own wisdom and ideology. Not trying to sound all fancy here, but seriously, if you started homeschooling for whatever reason, that's great(!), but don't continue to do so for the same reason, continue to do it for the Glory of God!

gloriacollins
User

Postby gloriacollins » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 am

jinger
User

I think its simply saying no to the old method

Postby jinger » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Llola
User

Postby Llola » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm

I ended up homeschooling out of necessity. My son's public school wasn't teaching him how to read. In the 4th grade he was reading at a 1st grade level due to his severe dyslexia, and his school's inability to teach him how to read.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”