Getting His Drivers License?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

setholsen
User

Getting His Drivers License?

Postby setholsen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I have a son that is 18 years old. He'll be getting a job soon for college but needs to get his drivers license. We home schooled him his whole life and he never got a chance to take Drivers Ed. I looked into the local driving school, but after calling four different numbers, going by twice, and still not getting any kind of information from them I think that may not be an option at this point.

Are there any online classes I could have him take? Is there a way to get him enrolled in Drivers Ed now? Does the DMV offer anything? Any ideas? His job starts in just a few weeks and being a delivery driver he's gonna need it!

By the way, we live in a smaller town in Utah, there isn't much here... If you have any questions just ask.

Thanks,

Seth

elliemaejune
User

Re: Getting His Drivers License?

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:09 am

I don't see how it would be possible to get a driver license in such a short amount of time. In addition to "classroom" instruction, most states require a specified number of hours behind the wheel, and some require six months of learners' permit before they will issue a driver license.

Have you called the DMV yet? Or been to the office? Most will have booklets of some kind with the laws.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

setholsen
User

Re: Getting His Drivers License?

Postby setholsen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Yeah I asked around and it seems like the local driving school is the only place to get them. I guess I'll send the owner a letter? Oh well, thanks for the help.

Seth

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”