Start my own business?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Kalonne
User

Start my own business?

Postby Kalonne » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:34 am

Linda
User

Postby Linda » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:33 pm

heenakapoor
User

Postby heenakapoor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:10 am

You can work in internet business along with home school. In home school, you can hire some employees, which they will work and you can continue your internet business. It is the best way to earn from both business and you can be popular for your home school business by using internet marketing. It will help to increase popularity and profit of your home school. In present internet marketing play an important role in popular your business and it's a benefits with you, that you don't have to hire any professional for online promotion of your home school.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:06 am

You may be getting a little confused as to what a "homeschool" really is. Here, it just mean learning at home, and generally consisters of a mother teaching her kids using a variety of curricula and other materials. From what you're saying, it sounds like you think it means having an actual school in your house. Not necessarily a bad idea, but something that would require you being a certified teacher and filing paperwork with the state if you were to try doing it here in the US. And it would be considered a private school, not a homeschool.

trish892
User

WAHM..

Postby trish892 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am

setholsen
User

Postby setholsen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 am

I'm not sure what kind of business you're wanting to start, but my son always comes up with new ideas for websites. Though he rarely puts everything together to the point where it can start being advertised because he always has new ideas. I think though he mostly just wants someone to collaborate with him and work on different ideas, do a little research here and there, and to help him work on it.

He had a friend a while ago that wanted to help him out. But it sounded like his friend mostly just wanted to "get rich quick" and didn't really want to work and create something that could change how people did this or that.

Again, I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but if you have any questions or want to contact him just ask and I'll let him know. He is taking classes at a community college right now and will also be working part time, but he says he wants to spend the rest of his time working on websites, "since that is what most of his career will be anyway".

Seth

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm

I do web design and programming for a living, knew as soon as I saw it that's what I wanted to do. However, it's hard to make good money (as opposed to just beating minimum wage) if all you know how to do is put together basic web pages. Is he studying graphic design, Javascript, PHP, MySQL, social networking, Wordpress, etc.? He doesn't need to know all of those things, but knowing at least some of them well is important. I would highly recommend some basic Javascript and PHP, at minimum.

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I use Wordpress to run my sites. I also use a little bit of HTML and CSS to make things look the way I want. HTML is pretty easy to learn. You can make money from home with a website doing internet marketing including Google Adsense and affiliate marketing. Just something to consider.
Many blessings,
Susan

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.

RuthKnoll
User

Postby RuthKnoll » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:53 am

Estherer
User

business runner

Postby Estherer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:07 am

in the past, i also want to have my own business or store to sell my love---wedding things.
My parents and my husband also support me well,so once i have enough capital,i opened my first business.wedding store..
Till now, it has been for one year,and i also look him growth day by day....

this is my store,i hope more and more people can know it>>
http://www.gardeniasite.com/2012-new-arrivals-c-3_39.html
Beauty&Duty

Elaine Jephson
User

Postby Elaine Jephson » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Clickvista
User

Postby Clickvista » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:33 am

Clickvista gives you opportunity to smart and motivated people earn money with ads. Join Clickvista and put time into it and you won't be disappointed. For more information visit http://clickvista.com/.

insectlover
User

I highly recommend

Postby insectlover » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:39 pm

I run the site free gift ideas with a friend of mine outside of home schooling hours. For getting started i highly recommend looking up Pat Flynn's Smart Passive Income podcast.
Passionate About Keeping My Moth Symbolism Guide Up to Date!

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”