Help with Homeschool App

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

cmrigney
User

Help with Homeschool App

Postby cmrigney » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a father of 2 and my wife and I are going to homeschool this upcoming school year (my son is 5 now). I would love to help teach, but with my current job, that's not practical since I can't control my hours. I'm a software developer, and I've long been interested in starting a business.

Long story short, I want to build a homeschool app (web and mobile) that I can sell as a service to other homeschool parents (on the cheap). I know there are a few others out there, but they fall short in some areas. My personal goal is to be able to spend more time being involved in homeschooling my children, and this app would help me get there by providing income for us. The question I have for other homeschooling parents is, what would you be looking for in a homeschooling app? I appreciate any input you can give, and would be grateful if you could share it with other homeschool parents you know!

Here is my current "landing page" where you can sign up for updates. Thank you!

http://thehomeschool.app/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Homeschool-App-2173100852718889

admin
Admin

Re: Help with Homeschool App

Postby admin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:25 am

In what areas do you think the other apps fall short?

cmrigney
User

Postby cmrigney » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:04 pm

admin
Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:49 am

Have you looked at Homeschool Planet and My School Year?

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”