Looking for "Learning Heroes" nominations : )

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

dlockheed
User

Looking for "Learning Heroes" nominations : )

Postby dlockheed » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:29 am

Hi everyone

Hope this post is okay - feel free to delete if not! I'm Declan, I work here at Twinkl, educational resource publisher, and this year for UNESCO's International Day of Education, we are celebrating by championing your learning heroes during the pandemic. A learning hero can be anyone! Parent, teacher, friend, family.

So if you know of an individual or an organization that:

- Has demonstrated exceptional resilience and drive to keep their students learning during the pandemic.
- Has been inventive or innovative with their teaching style, adapting to the ‘new normal’ of COVID-19 era education in 2020.
- Has inspired their students to do their best despite the challenges of 2020.

You can nominate your learning hero by sending an email to declan.lockheed(at)twinkl.com, and you can find more info here https://www.twinkl.no/blog/learning-her ... n-day-2021
Last edited by dlockheed on Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

elliemaejune
User

Re: Looking for "Learning Heroes" nominations : )

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:17 am

You know this is a homeschooling group, right? Parents teaching their own children at home? I think all of them would qualify for a nomination.

To put it another way, I don't think this is your audience. :-) But good luck with your project. :-)
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”