What room do you HS in?

Describe your average homeschool day and give new homeschoolers an idea of what to expect!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mkpierce95
User

Where we homeschool

Postby mkpierce95 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:53 am

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Sun May 11, 2008 5:35 pm

When we moved into our new house I saw our sun room as a great place to homeschool, before I knew if however, it turned into a storage/playroom. and we use the dining room table for the same reasons! It makes life so much easier. My downside, my dining room walls, don't look like most! :)
But I don't care.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Minniewannabe
User

Postby Minniewannabe » Mon May 12, 2008 5:37 am

4given
User

Postby 4given » Mon May 12, 2008 6:03 am

JLee74
User

Postby JLee74 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:14 am

We home school in the kitchen at the table...
Jennifer

roo
User

Postby roo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:56 am

We started homeschooling in the den, using seperate desks and such but it's become so much easier to sit at the diningroom table. That way I can sit inbetween and help as needed! So, we've got a unconventional diningroom! LOL...Chalkboard and maps and everything is in there!
Blessed By The Lord~
Wife to Dale
Mom to 2dd 2ds
2 tabby cats and 1 baby bunny named Moses!

ontheprairie
User

Postby ontheprairie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:48 am

ourfamilyof5
User

Floor!

Postby ourfamilyof5 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Our livingroom or kitchen floor! We have trays that we use. Works really well for us, we have a small house & no room for a desk. :D
CHRISTian homeschool mom to Jayden (4 yrs), & Seth (2 yrs.) & baby Abigail. Follow me on my homeschool blog: http://mamato3blessings.blogspot.com/

partyoffive
User

Postby partyoffive » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 pm

We have a separate homeschool room.

We will sometimes go outside, but we generally get everything done in that room. It is a bedroom on the first floor right by the kitchen- thank God!

We have a whiteboard, a media center, language center, posters, etc.
Momma to:
DS (12/02)
DS (8/05)
DS&DD (3/10)

narrow4life
User

Our homeschool education is done in...

Postby narrow4life » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:47 am

We just bought a new house. There is an office area which we hope to do the homeschooling in, but there is not a good area for a decent sized table, just a little desk. Hopefully it will work, but it is only separated from the dining room by the kitchen and it is a straight path through all, so we'll probably end up using the office as the school room, but taking whatever is needed, whenever it is needed to the dining room table.
We use My Father's World Homeschool Curriculum for our 2 kid's homeschool education.

fanren
User

Postby fanren » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 am

When we only have two children, started homeschooling, I have a "spare bedroom"to tutor our luxury inch bulletin board, blackboards, and posters. Alas, these days laugh. We are now squeezed into three bedroom house 6 people, and use our school dining room. In it, we have our computer desk, dining table (I think, not really seeing the smile), a small blackboard and some scattered posters. But there is a large window that provides natural light, so we like it a lot.

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 pm

We homeschool in a bedroom that we've converted to a school room. We really like it.

yingxuy
User

Postby yingxuy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:27 pm

We have built a few in the cabinet and bookcase. Dry wipe board. I'm sure I will add more, but enough. In addition, I have a room scrapbook of their work, but I still have the right to answer any questions.

Momma24
User

Homeschooling HOUSE!

Postby Momma24 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 pm

When we started homeschooling 12 years ago we converted our seldom used dining room into a 'school' room, complete with a large marker board, individual desks, etc... As the children grew and learned to read and absorb material on their own, we gradually shifted into their each having desks and a space in their own rooms...for the peace and quiet!

I rarely MAKE them school in their rooms, as I couldn't stand being in a 'cell' all day myself, but occasionally I do need them to be in a quieter place when other activities make it impossible to concentrate.

In all reality...their books travel! So the whole house is their school! : )
Homeschooling four
with the help of Mom SCHOOL
and staying healthy with Mom FITNESS!

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:29 pm

We converted a bedroom into a school room. My daughters each have a desk for their laptops and books. I have a desk. We have 4 bookshelves of books (we love to read) and a set of white stackable shelves full of stuffed animals. They add to the decor of the room. :lol:
Many blessings,
Susan

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.

Return to “A Day at Our House”