Curriculum for 12th Grade

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

tripstomalta
User

Curriculum for 12th Grade

Postby tripstomalta » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you knew some good math curriculum's. They can be from Saxon, Glencoe, Pearson, any other publishing company, the price doesn't matter. I want to find a good math book for my 12th grade year. I'm looking for either a Pre-Calc or Calc. Feedback on any books or math curriculum's are welcome.

I also was wondering what I should study for English/Language Arts. I already took American Lit and British Lit in 10th and 11th, but I'm unsure of what to do for 12th.

Another quick question, I was thinking of trying BJU Press for some of my 12th grade books. Does anyone have feedback on their books for higher levels?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:15 am

Depends what math level your 12th grade is supposed to cover. Saxon is good up through Alg. II in my opinion, but for Calculus I'd personally just take a community college course and use whatever textbook they're prescribing. Calculus is a lot easier to comprehend for the first time if you have someone to explain it to you.

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:06 am

We love Teaching Textbooks. They have Pre-Calculus. I haven't used it yet, but plan to buy it for my 12th grader next year. Here is a link.

http://teachingtextbooks.com/v/vspfiles ... lculus.htm

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”