Computer Science Curriculum

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

efxmel
User

Computer Science Curriculum

Postby efxmel » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:15 pm

My DS11 wants to take a computer science class next year. I can't seem to find one. Is there a HS computer science curriculum?

Thanks,
Mel
Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exist b/c it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exist in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. - Margaret Wheatley

RJ
User

computer science

Postby RJ » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 am

Many local community colleges have continuing education courses in computer science as well as for credit. Some have programs for students during the summers.

If you are interested in online courses you could try:

www.ed2go.com

The courses run about 6 or 7 weeks with two lessons posted per week and an online final exam. I have taken several courses through them myself (front page, web design, pc troubleshooting) and been happy with the quality. A high school or perhaps junior high student should have no trouble with the materials. My daughter was a high school homeschooler at the time and helped me when I had questions! Cost runs from about $80 to $150 depending on the course.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:36 am

Depends what level of computer science you're looking for. My AP Comp Sci teacher is back at PA Homeschoolers now I believe, that would be an excellent course if your son is ready for it.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”