Homeschooling Kindergarten

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Nettie17
User

Homeschooling Kindergarten

Postby Nettie17 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Hello!
I have a 5 year old son and he is ready to start kindergarten. I have tried researching curriculum (packages) and I am not sure which to pick. There is a homeschooling group near by that uses Abeka. I've reviewed what their curriculum would be and at first glance it looks great. They send all materials and they also include video lessons. I did however hear that they not only include religious learning books but that religion is talked about in many of the curriculum books all around. I would prefer to not have the religious aspect apart of teaching my child (we can do that separately). So my question is, what are other options for curriculum packages that come with everything, possibly also having video lessons but is not religious? Any input would be most appreciated! I need to get this ball rolling!
Nettie :)

admin
Admin

Re: Homeschooling Kindergarten

Postby admin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:55 am

You could try Calvert Preschool. They have a Kindergarten level also, but what they now call Preschool USED to be their Kindergarten, and in my view, should not be skipped. It's super fun!

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:06 pm

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

sh1226
User

Postby sh1226 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:44 pm

We are homeschooling Kindergarten and decided to use a variety of different curriculums instead of just one program.
We are using The Good and the Beautiful for Language Arts, Handwriting, and Art.
We use Singapore Math Dimensions for Math.
We use Blossom and Root for Music, History, Science, and Nature.
We use Bob Books to supplement our reading program.
We also use Varsity Tutors and Outschool classes to do things such as show and tell with peers, Spanish, Exercise/Yoga, and other fun classes.
Hope this helps!

(This is my sixth year homeschooling.)

phonybatting
User

Postby phonybatting » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:34 am

Different curriculum gives children more development opportunities.

BrikeNew
User

Postby BrikeNew » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:39 am

Hello, I use this site to play online -censored- because I think it has the best conditions for playing! pay and play cаsinos: onlinecаsinoprofy . I recommend this site for you as well, because the more people play in a high-quality and reliable online cаsino, the warmer my heart is!

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”