New & selecting online high school program, plz help!

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

carol2019
User

New & selecting online high school program, plz help!

Postby carol2019 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi, all! As my subject line states, we are brand new to homeschooling and are in the process of selecting an online high school program.

My daughter is entering 10th grade. She wants an online program that she can manage herself. So far, I have scoured the internet & looked at:
Abeka, Liberty, Power, Acellus, UT, TTU, K12 (K12 International), Alpha Omega, iSchool, etc.

There are SO many programs out there, it's difficult to know exactly what to do. Right now Abeka seems like a solid choice even though I do hear a lot about excessive busywork...

I do like the idea of a Christian based program but don't want it to be overwhelming for her. Trying to encourage/facilitate more religion in her life but if it's too much, it may drive her the other way. Does that make sense? Hard to tell how the programs are without actually seeing them.

I would appreciate your honest input regarding preferences, public programs vs private.

Please share if you have had online high school experience & if you recommend (or don't recommend) a particular program.

TIA! :D

elliemaejune
User

Re: New & selecting online high school program, plz help!

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

tamefox
User

Postby tamefox » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:02 am

I enrolled my children in the Abeka program, and it was a huge success. I don't think your child will be under too much pressure to study it. Determine which program is appropriate.

linda68linda
User

Postby linda68linda » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:26 am

Hi there! It's great to hear that you're exploring online high school programs for your daughter https://amandatheadventurergame.io. Since your daughter prefers a program she can manage herself, prioritize programs that provide self-paced learning options and student independence. Look for programs that offer flexibility in scheduling, personalized learning paths, and opportunities for self-guided exploration.

Bellezza
User

Postby Bellezza » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:21 am

K12-powered online high schools provide engaging classes and student support to set students up for their future. Learn more and enroll today. https://just-fall.com

sevenmentor44
User

Postby sevenmentor44 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:43 am

Hey all, Just had to share my amazing experience with spoken English classes in Pune! At sevenmentor Institute, I discovered the power of effective communication. Friendly instructors tailored lessons to our needs, focusing on grammar, vocab, and pronunciation. Engaging group discussions boosted my confidence big time! Practical exercises like debates and public speaking honed my skills, while cross-cultural awareness expanded my horizons. Listening and writing improved too!

https://sites.google.com/view/spokeneng ... npune/home

carquerulous
User

Postby carquerulous » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:47 am

The Abeka program that I enrolled my kids in was a smashing success. There won't be any major pressure for your kid to learn it https://basketballstarsgame.io, in my opinion. Determine which program is appropriate.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”