Anyone is using Beestar?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

heatherwang
User

Anyone is using Beestar?

Postby heatherwang » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:46 pm

I just started using Beestar (www.beestar.org). A private school teacher recommended it to me. It provides a free progressive math practice program based on school curriculum. My 6-year-old son likes it very much. But even he tried hard, he is still behind many other first-graders in the program. I'm wondering whether the education reforms and standard tests these days have raised the bar of schools significantly. Do you have such an impression?

mom1967
User

definitely one of the best sites for elementary kids

Postby mom1967 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:09 am

mom1967
User

Postby mom1967 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:47 am

Heather and others,

recently beestar.org added social study to their curriculums. I am very excited about it, now my kids got every subjects from one site!

They love science and math the best, then reading. GT and social is a bit too challenging sometimes ;)

thinks
User

Postby thinks » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:40 pm

For those of you who don't know what BEESTAR is, it's a free online resource:Beestar is run by voluntary community teachers and parents. Most Beestar developers are also its users. It's fantastic for homeschoolers, AND for school teachers!http://www.beestar.org
Cheers
Jean Edwards in New Zealand
http://www.thinkshop.org
blog: http://www.onthinking.co.nz

Sheryl
User

Postby Sheryl » Mon May 11, 2009 2:33 am

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware of this site before today!
________
vaporizer
Last edited by Sheryl on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinks
User

Postby thinks » Sun May 24, 2009 9:46 pm

My pleasure. Let's all keep sharing great resources!
Cheers

Jean Edwards in New Zealand

http://www.thinkshop.org

blog: http://www.onthinking.co.nz

passion2014
User

Re: Anyone is using Beestar?

Postby passion2014 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 pm

asnmdirteha
User

Postby asnmdirteha » Wed May 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Beestar is a great resource that many have recommended and I'm recommending to others. Below are some components that I find extremely beneficial that has been provided from Beestar.

Great reading assignments for elementary school students. Positive reinforcement for the math sections. A growing gifted and talented section for students to stay motivated. Another bonus point for having a high school section for SAT preparation. They send you weekly assignments to keep students stay on top of their learning and at the head of the game. Especially with the new SAT format it is extremely helpful for new high school students to get a head start and learn these new skills to help them take the standardized test.

louisal
User

Postby louisal » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:05 am

So far I like it for my girl. I used IXL before but IXL is a bit easy for her. IXL is more straight forward but Beestar involves more thinking. It works for my girl.

pualw446
User

Postby pualw446 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:48 am

I have been using Beestar for year for my kid, which is a great learning program. Their learning lessons have high quality content that contain classic stories, which attracts kid to read it by themselves. In my opinion, using Beestar program to build up a learning habit is the best benefit to the kid. Some reading provide a little challenge with question for the reader (Kids), and I think that could enhance their abilities to handle future school test. I would say Beestar is a great option to try.

terryxie53
User

Postby terryxie53 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:07 am

My kid is now in 5th grade, I have been using beestar since he was in 1st grade. the result is outstanding. I believe math is gonna help him to think logically and help him in his study path, so i would say let your kid study math as early as you could because it will help him in getting good grades at school.

Harry Kha
User

Postby Harry Kha » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:02 pm

My child used Beast Academy before but did not like the cartoon style. His teacher suggested we try Beestar. Does anyone know about Beestar's online math? Is it good?

John H
User

Postby John H » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:39 am

Check out Beestar's ELA reading program. The program includes assessments to evaluate students' progress and understanding of the material. Feedback provided after assessments can be valuable in guiding further learning. To reinforce language arts skills, Beestar's ELA Reading program includes grammar exercises and activities. This involves learning and practicing proper grammar usage, sentence structure, and other language conventions.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”