Online dyslexia tutor?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

feynman1000
User

Online dyslexia tutor?

Postby feynman1000 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:47 am

Hi there - my daughter needs a dyslexia tutor to get back on track in her reading. I wrote in in another thread but did not get a response. I am looking at using an online Orton-Gillingham tutor like this: http://www.readingguru.com. Has anyone worked with an online dyslexia tutor? Are there others you have been successful with?

Thanks, SAB

orecastshoulder
User

Re: Online dyslexia tutor?

Postby orecastshoulder » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:25 am

I posted in another topic, but nobody answered me. I am considering hiring an Orton-Guillaume teacher through the internet.

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:03 pm

I would want a whole lot more information before paying someone like this. What are the primary instructional materials? Does she invent them herself, or is she using a textbook or other print material? Does she do something like Zoom with the students so she can give them feedback? How are the parents involved? And how much does she charge?
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

taylorgodiva28
User

Postby taylorgodiva28 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:52 am

I am a teacher with many years of experience. Contact me and I will give you these answers!

Maketun
User

Postby Maketun » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:59 am

Each person with dyslexia is unique. This specialization ranges from mild to severe. We offer highly experienced dyslexia tutors to work with your child. At Tutorwiz there is an online dyslexia tutoring service for students with dyslexia across the UK. You can learn about it.
My website: https://dumbwaystodiegame.com

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”