Homeschoolers: Class of 2010

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Katharos
User

Homeschoolers: Class of 2010

Postby Katharos » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi all,

I just finished my senior year of high school (homeschool), and I will be attending the University of Chicago in the fall. I currently am considering mathematics and classics (specifically Greek) as my majors, though I still am unsure and will take full advantage of the core during my first two years to further develop my interests.

Where will this year's graduating class of homeschoolers be attending? On what major(s) are you planning? I am simply curious, as I know but few current homeschoolers, all of which are younger than myself.

Thanks.

Theodore

Re: Homeschoolers: Class of 2010

Postby Theodore » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:02 am

I'm graduating quite soon, so I'm not in the 2010 graduating class, but I can tell you that my major is Computer Science (CS-AST), and while I've also taken courses from Meramec Community College and University of Missouri, St Louis (UMSL), my official degree is going to be from Thomas Edison State College, which apparently allows you to focus more on your major and less on unnecessary humanities requirements. After that, I'll be working through my master's from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) at the speed of a course every four months, which will allow me to get my masters degree in another four years while still having time to work on the family business.

My oldest brother graduated with honors from the Coast Guard academy, majoring in engineering. He's now married and stationed as the head navigator on a Coast Guard ship basing out of California.

My oldest sister will be graduating soon from Patrick Henry College, with double majors in history (she would like to be an archaeologist) and writing.

My second oldest sister will be applying to medical college to study as a chiropracter. Sadly, I can't remember which college.

My second oldest brother is applying to Princeton and Patrick Henry as a government and/or business major.

The list just goes on - I have five more brothers and sisters - but you get the idea. I don't think we have anyone majoring in mathematics or languages, but those routes are fine if you want to be a professor.

Return to “High School / College Prep”