Are homeschool students looking for Web Design Classes?

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Are homeschool students looking for web design classes?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

chadgleaves
User

Are homeschool students looking for Web Design Classes?

Postby chadgleaves » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:18 pm

I taught a web design class last fall and we had a HUGE response. About half of our homeschool group 9th-12th grade attended the class and many are still continuing a year later.

So I would like to pose the question here. Is there a need for online web design classes for homeschoolers? I am looking for feed back from parents to see if this is a real need.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:26 am

Looking at your website, you should really call it Content Management Systems rather than Website Design, and add other things besides Drupal to the mix (I'm hearing more about Wordpress and Joomia). Classic website design is more about HTML, CSS, maybe a bit of graphic design, PHP, while what you do seems to be more web publishing. Not necessarily a criticism - CMS is getting big these days - but the focus of your courses should be clear from the title, and you need to cover more ground.

Also, there are already a huge number of people trying to get web design clients, it's a dead-end field to go into unless you're a skilled graphic artist and just need to learn a bit about how to apply your art to web sites. Probably a better idea to major in something with a future, such as nursing, unless you're seriously committed to learning everything related to web design. CMS is not where I'd personally have students start.

chadgleaves
User

Thank you for your advice

Postby chadgleaves » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks for you input. Its nice to see this forum has professionals like yourself.

Alton4
User

Postby Alton4 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:56 am

I made my first website in college time. I took help from the self storage website design. There are plenty of designs available which would help someone who needed.

Return to “High School / College Prep”