4-H in your area

Post information about homeschool sports and other extracurriculars here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Annie Hall
User

4-H in your area

Postby Annie Hall » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:30 am

Hello everyone!

My name is LeAnn Hall and I'm a retired public music teacher in Ohio and a 4-H volunteer in my county. 4-H is a terrific organization for homeschool families. There are opportunities for both urban and rural families and many hands-on project opportunities for all ages. I just visited a homeschool family in a nearby community and they are hosting a 12 year old Japanese boy this summer through 4-H International Exchange Programs. These kids are part of an English language organization in Japan called Labo. They learn English language conversation through their activities. A home visit and an interview with the family is required. They passed with flying colors. You must have a host sibling the same age and gender as the visiting youth. They may share a room but must have their own bed. Background checks of the host parents are required. You do not have to be a member of 4-H to participate. If you're interested in learning more about this program, contact your local Cooperative Extension Office for more information or you can contact me through this forum.

Return to “Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars”