Christian film seeks actors, especially homeschool teens

Post information about homeschool sports and other extracurriculars here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

glowingnose
User

Christian film seeks actors, especially homeschool teens

Postby glowingnose » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:20 pm

My name is Chris Staron. My brother and I are Christian filmmakers from Medina, Ohio. We were home schooled by our mother from 4th grade through 8th grade. Since then we have been hard at work producing Christian feature films. Our last project was Between the Walls, which is now available in Hollywood Video, Netflix, Movie Gallery, and Christian bookstores. Though we are a small production company, we pride ourselves in taking good care of our cast and crew while doing our best to spread a good message in a quality film.

We are currently working on a feature-length comedy. In planning this film we realized that we would need teenaged actors to perform in the project as both main characters and background extras. Since we are a low-budget operation shooting during the school week, we thought we would contact home school organizations to see if you might be interested in helping us with our auditions. We are looking to fill several teenage roles in this production and would love to use home schooled teens.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would help us out and spread the word about this production. I have included our press release below so that you can find out some more information. If you or any of your members have questions, please feel free to contact me at casting@glowingnose.com.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Chris Staron
casting@glowingnose.com
glowingnose.com

BRUNSWICK, OHIO – The people behind hit films like Between the Walls and Pint Size Parables are at it again. Glowing Nose LLC announces auditions for their new untitled comedy film that will begin shooting in mid-November and wrap in mid-December.

Written by director Chris Staron and produced by Nick Staron, this comedy is about one family’s battle over their parent’s will. As they prepare to read the last testament of their parents, the Fisher family must figure out who they are and what they stand for before the money is divided up. This is a family/ Christian oriented film, though people of all belief systems are welcome to audition!

Their previous production, Between the Walls, won Best Feature Film at the WYSIWYG Film Festival in San Francisco last year. It is now available on DVD at Hollywood Video, Movie Gallery, Amazon.com and Christian bookstores. It can also be seen on cable television in the US and Australia!

What: Auditions for the Untitled Christian Comedy Film

Where: Polaris Christian Church Cinema (behind Advanced Auto Parts)
1480 Pearl Rd
Brunswick, OH 44212

When:
Fri. Oct. 12 from 2pm - 7pm
Sat. Oct 13 from 10am - 5pm

Fri. Oct. 19 from 2pm - 7pm
Sat. Oct. 20 from 10am - 5pm

Auditions can also be done via the Internet or video submission!

Audition information, including scenes to study and applicable forms, are available on their website at glowingnose.com.

###

joena
User

Postby joena » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:28 am

How old do you have to be to enter the Sundance Film Festival? I assume 18, but am still curious...

ZachHall
User

Postby ZachHall » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Wish I would have known about it sooner! LOL

Jeni1981
User

Postby Jeni1981 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:59 pm

You don't hear of people from Medina too often. I lived there for a while in the '80's and went to Garfield Elementary. Pretty cool, I hope your movie did well.

Return to “Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars”