Hi from Texas!

Just registered? Tell people a little about yourself!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

LdnErin
User

Hi from Texas!

Postby LdnErin » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:13 am

Hi my name is Erin and I am looking for materials to keep up the homeschooling of my kid.
I found this board and I hope to learn from experienced parents in homeschooling and to look at any materials that you may have not only for their lessons but for me, as a parent, to have well organized practices and make sure the education of my son is in the right path.

I thank you all for accepting me on the community and I hope to get to know you all better.
My best for the holiday season
-Erin

elliemaejune
User

Re: Hi from Texas!

Postby elliemaejune » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:54 am

If you live anywhere near Houston, you can see almost everything there is to see at the Homeschool Store. Yup, that's the name of it. :-) And it's searchable, so you can Google it.

Also, some Mardel's have a decent supply of homeschool materials.

And if you live near Austin, there's a Great Homeschool Convention in July; the workshops are ok, but there will be a great exhibit hall; Thursday night is free, or you can buy a shopping pass for something like $10.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

celinedion
User

Postby celinedion » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:34 pm

There are many resources available for homeschooling, including online curricula, textbooks, and educational apps. Some popular resources include Khan Academy, which offers free online courses in a variety of subjects, and Time4Learning, which provides a comprehensive online curriculum for homeschooling families.

In addition to educational resources, there are also many organizational tools and strategies that can help you stay on track and ensure that your homeschooling practices are effective. Some examples include creating a daily schedule, setting specific learning goals for your child, and keeping detailed records of their progress and achievements.

You may also want to consider joining a homeschooling group or online community, where you can connect with other parents who are also homeschooling their children. These groups can provide valuable support, advice, and resources, as well as opportunities for your child to socialize and make friends with other homeschooled kids.

Aarav
User

Postby Aarav » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:20 am

Hi guys
I am form India.Jay Hind

Return to “Guestbook”