New to everything!

Just registered? Tell people a little about yourself!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Tabby
User

New to everything!

Postby Tabby » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:41 am

Hi! I'm new to this site because I'm also new to homeschooling! My son will be 3 years old this June, he loves learning and I try to teach him new things with games and activities. I now realize that I don't want to send him to school for many reasons, primarily because we want to travel and because I think he's very bright and could progress a lot faster at home than in a class full of mixed-ability children.
I'm a little worried about the social aspect, for now he's very sociable and we go to group activities so that he can play with other children but I don't know how we'll manage when the other kids are in school.

Oh, by the way I'm Tabby, hi!

elliemaejune
User

Re: New to everything!

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Welcome!

You sound like you have a great plan. :-) But let me be the first to tell you that the need for socialization is one of the biggest myths laid on parents today. Your child's first need is to spend time with adults and older children, not many hours with children his own age. Being with adults, and with children of mixed ages, gives him role models for how to behave. He already knows how to be two and a half years old; what he needs is guidance to be three, and four, and five, and 10, and 25. :-)
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Tabby
User

Postby Tabby » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 am

Wow, I didn't know that, it seems I have a lot of learning to do too! Thanks for letting me know :D

ritareader
User

Postby ritareader » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Welcome from TN! I am exploring HS opportunities as well. So much to learn!!
Mother of two beautiful girls.
New to HS (still learning).
I use Writing Explained to set up my own mommy blog.

Return to “Guestbook”