Page 1 of 1

ex husband wants to make legal trouble for me

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:24 pm
by gellegbs
I have 4 children. My first three are my and my exhusband's. I am currently homeschooling my 5 year old daughter, and he doesn't agree. She is physically handicapped and like many of you agree no one can care for your kid like you. I have to catheterize her every 3 1/2 hours among other things. The public school can literally do what i do yet I am positive it will not be the same since I know how important it is to drain her properly and have developed tricks and techniques to drain her better over the course of a year since she had the surgery.

We live in Texas and I have the most custody, he gets them on certain weekends a month. The courts almost always side with him, it is a man's world here. Can the court force me to put my daughter into public school? I am currently putting together a portfolio for such an instance, I really don't know how else I could prove my case if needed.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:10 am
by elliemaejune
Yes, the court could force you to put her in school. :(

Now, if you're a member of HSLDA or THSC, there might be some help there; neither will actually represent you, but they might be able/willing to provide legal support for the benefits of homeschooling over public school.