Page 1 of 1

Can I get jr high to allow my child to take some classes?

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:08 pm
by azkids5
My son was homeschooled most of his life. He also has anxiety issues which were in check until he hit jr. high. I put him in grammar school last year so we could work on his anxiety in public, and I feel it is important for him for the daily exposure to school for this reason, but the whole day is too much. The changing of classes is a constant anxiety attack for him. Is there anyway I can get the jr. high to allow him to go to school part time? I live in AZ. :shock:

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 am
by romacox
42 States offer Dual Enrollment. But I do not know if you son is ready for this depends on how much he has learned.

Dual Enrollment allows children to register for college courses for free until they turn 18. Many children have attained their high school diploma, and some have obtained a two year (or more) degree before reaching 18.

Here is a link to learn more about Dual Enrollment

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:23 am
by Theodore
Odd that their site forwards to an IP address. The page looks legit, but just to be safe, don't visit it with Internet Explorer.

EDIT: Just homeschool and supplement with community college courses.

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 am
by romacox
I visited it with Fire Fox, and it is suppose to tell you if the site is not safe. It did not indicate it to be unsafe.

Dual Enrollment is in Florida, and I have friends here who's children have a two year degree (for free) by the time they turn 18.