Could use some help deciding about homeschooling

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mirarotal
User

Could use some help deciding about homeschooling

Postby mirarotal » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:25 am

I have 4 children, of which are in school currently, and I am just astounished of the schooling system! My 10 year old daughter can't even spell Washington or petals! I have to help her spell those kinds of things that I could spell when I was her age. I was not, at her age, that great of a speller either. On top of that, the school is not even ready to teach any of the children because they had to open the schools instead of waiting until the school was finished. They have no computer hooked up. My eldest is in with the middle schoolers and to make matters worse the teacher, in not so many words, is telling me to do her homework for her and that to get used to technology being the educational means! Trust me when I say my eldest is not maturely ready for a computer let alone to do any learn online! She and her siblings already have broken two computers and we refuse to buy a third if the second one gets broke since we sent it to the factory to be repaired.
I know I can educate them at home better, but I am really unsure of whether or not to do so. I really like my kids being in school getting their social and educational training. But it is really hard to say it is great when you see your child falling behind because of the lack from the educational system.
What I guess I am asking for is opinions about what I should do.
Thanks

tsmama24
User

Postby tsmama24 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Hoping and praying this is a joke post. Please let it be a joke post. :shock:

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, of course we are going to advocate homeschooling. This is a homeschoooling forum, would be funny if we didn't :) Regarding socialization - sitting in class is not really socialization. Socialization only starts when school is over, and there are all sorts of things you can do for social activities as a homeschooler. My siblings have done Civil Air Patrol, Tae Kwon Do, Boy Scouts, swim team, various clubs and competitions, etc. Depending on the schools in your area, you may be able to homeschool and still participate in school sports or other school activities as well.

Return to “Homeschool vs Public School”