A Homeschooling Success Story

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

MClasper
User

A Homeschooling Success Story

Postby MClasper » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to share my story here and prove, once again, that homeschooling is a tried and tested method that gives results!

I'm completely self taught, and with no help from any schools whatsoever I've written two books and composed music which has been used in videos with hundreds of thousands of views. Furthermore, there's no way I'd be where I am today if it wasn't for homeschooling.

I wrote an article on my website about my experiences not too long ago. It gives a little detail about my upbringing (and how I never had any luck with a school-based curriculum) and also how I learnt to write and become a published author.
http://www.morganclasperauthor.com/2018 ... riter.html

Cheers,
Morgan

Tabby
User

Re: A Homeschooling Success Story

Postby Tabby » Thu May 03, 2018 7:46 am

Hi Morgan, that's really interesting to read!

It seems like you're doing fine without any formal education, you're living proof that not everybody needs it!

Just out of curiosity, and I did read quite quickly so you may have specified and I may have skimmed over it; you say homeschooled/unschooled and you talk about research and experimentation, so did your parents homeschool you at all or were you literally left to your own devices?

Well done on all of your success!

Tabby

AmberP
User

Postby AmberP » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:49 am

I love stories like that. They are inspiring, as well as a way to see if we are doing the right thing and to find answers to many questions. Thank you for sharing these stories.

Professor Brown
User

Postby Professor Brown » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:00 pm

Hello, I am a parent who homeschooled my 2 daughters some years ago back in the late 1990s. We lived in Syracuse NY where there was a thriving homeschool community. We were able to work together with other families from various churches, and we would share our resources and often hold classes together. Today I see the wonderful results of having home schooled my daughters. Both young ladies are successful entrepreneurs and both went onto college. Maybe the most important thing is the strong moral base they received from our Christian home. Foundations are so critically important and I simply would not leave that up to others who do not share my values. I am glad to have made the choices and decisions that I did and I am now seeing the rewards from home schooling and raising my children in Christ.

Return to “Homeschool vs Public School”