Homeschooling in Seoul

If you are homeschooling outside the US, or doing a lot of moving between military bases, share your stories, questions, and tips here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kcbabe
User

Visiting Seoul from NYC in Apr

Postby kcbabe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am

Hi,

My 9yo daughter and I will be spending next month in Seoul. I found a Yongsan HSing Yahoo group but was wondering if there are other groups? Are there any local Korean groups?

Anyone interested in meeting up please contact me. It would be wonderful to meet other families, especially those with girls ages 7-10ish. My daughter would love to make some new friends.

Thanks!
Last edited by kcbabe on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbgorin
User

Starting Homeschooling in Ilsan

Postby tbgorin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 pm

My wife and I have 3 boys (dual-citizens). In September 2014, they will be 4th grade, 2nd grade, and the final boy is not yet in school. The two older boys were attending Seoul Foreign School, but despite the wonderful facilities, the education is not worth the incredible cost. SO, we plan to homeschool from September. Having no experience, we're thinking of using Calvert's program, but I'm hoping to meet up with other homeschooling parents - especially if you live near Ilsan. I want to make sure our kids can keep up social interaction with other children. Thanks! Please email me at sbtimgorin@gmail.com.
Tim Gorin

WESTMICHIGANDER
User

anyone with a 3rd grader?

Postby WESTMICHIGANDER » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:06 am

We arrived in August. Now the vacation is over and everyone ( including her Korean cousins) went back to school, I am freaking out. My 3rd grader daughter needs a friend:) and I'd like to talk to other home schooling mothers too. My daughter completed 2nd grade in Michigan but will be homeschooledhere. I don't know where to start (too much info in the net). We are currently in Gwangju but will be visiting Seoul soon (for museums and sightseeing). We'd love to get in touch with other home schooling families!

GJoeM
User

Postby GJoeM » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:39 am

rsong2000
User

Re: Homeschooling in Seoul

Postby rsong2000 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:46 am

Hello there! I'm a homeschooling mom of three girls (16, 13, 6) in Korea.
Our oldest is gearing up for her SATs and wants to apply to top 50 US colleges for admission. Anyone here with children that graduated from homeschool and enrolled in top 50 US schools?

Return to “Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling”