I'm new here

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

BCMC
User

I'm new here

Postby BCMC » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:48 pm

sartasd
User

Postby sartasd » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Our don't really have health issued but they do have hearing issues. We homeschool because thiis works best for them, they are not deaf and are not delayed like many of their deaf friends and they are don't hear prefectly and are behind or slower than their hearing peers. So we find homeschooling is best for them because they can do at their pace and learn at their pace.

PS passed our son on each year grade to grade. We started homeschooling last year after 3 years in PS. son was in put in 4th grade 3 years ago and when tested to place him in a grade we found that he placed in 3rd grade! He didn't gain anything the 3 years he was at the deaf school. I was shocked! so He is working hard to catch up.

My advice is to start where you dd is and go from there, I find placement test from the curriculum you use is helpful in starting at the right level.
Sharon

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”