Frustrated!!!!

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

ddelamerced
User

Frustrated!!!!

Postby ddelamerced » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 pm

My daughter has been tested, and is borderline iq, (73) and has a visual processing disorder, which she has to hear things to learn them (auditory learner) She has other things going on too. She is supposed to be in 6th grade, and when I pulled her out of private school last year she assessed at 1st grade level! I have got her up to 3rd grade level on time 4 learning, and she is still having issues. We just stopped using k12.
I feel so frustrated because I don't know if homeschooling is helping her or not. With her having the low iq the doctors can't tell me if she will be able to learn past a certain point or not. Right now that point is 3rd grade! I don't want people coming back to me and saying she's not learning because of homeschooling.
She cannot write a paragraph, put more than one idea together, has trouble organizing ideas, and math is horrible. I just feel really frustrated right now.
ddelamerced

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”