I need curriculum ideas

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

lisa0729
User

I need curriculum ideas

Postby lisa0729 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:46 pm

I am homeschooling my son who has Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum. I am trying to find a curriculum that is either free or has a free trial and might keep his interest. Last year we tried Lifepac but the lessons bored him (not because they were too easy). We tried Time4Learning, MobyMax, and Brain Pop but he grew bored with those within a month. Once he becomes bored with a program he shuts down and there is no getting him to use it again. The only types of curriculum I can get him to stick with regardless of how boring he finds them are textbooks and ebooks but those lessons seem so short and my husband insists our son have full school days (9-3 with 30 min for lunch). I am considering a paid subscription with SpellingCity but that still leaves the core subjects. When it comes to online classes he does best with the ones that let him earn game time or badges. I want to keep the subjects separate so he has a wider variety of games and if he becomes bored with a site I will only need to find a new site for one subject. Right now we are using "Complete Curriculum" but the science material has a lot of experiments that we can't do and lessons are extremely short. Any ideas are appreciated.

elliemaejune
User

Re: I need curriculum ideas

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:05 am

It would help if we knew how old your son is, and what state you live in (because of legal requirements). I have to say that honestly, your husband is wanting too much, much too much, time spent doing school, regardless of how old your child is, so there's that.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Cinder
User

Re: I need curriculum ideas

Postby Cinder » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:41 am

It's much more fun to play at Las Atlantis -censored-. It's hands down my go-to platform for all my gambling needs. First and foremost, the user-friendly interface makes navigation a breeze; everything is conveniently organized, so finding your favorite games is a piece of cake. Speaking of games, they truly have an impressive selection to choose from - whether you're into slots, table games like blackjack or roulette, or even live dealer options, Las Atlantis Australian https://las-atlantis.-censored-.mobi/ has got it all covered. And let's not forget about their generous bonuses and promotions that constantly keep the excitement flowing! With their secure and reliable payment options, I have complete peace of mind when making deposits and withdrawals. Trust me when I say that if you're looking for a top-notch online gambling experience with seamless gameplay and fantastic features, Las Atlantis -censored- is where the action is at!

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”