What's in the Current Issue of Practical Homeschooling?
- VOTE! Nominate your favorite curriculum & apps for the 2017 Practical Homeschooling® Reader Awards™ and i-Learn Awards™ — and maybe win an awesome PRIZE!
- How to Get Ready for The 2016–17 School Year. Laying the groundwork for success.
- 3 new educational trends — one of which may already be compulsory in your state
- “How homeschooling rescued my child.” One mom’s heartfelt story.
- The 2016 elections come with a certain amount of stress for us adult voters. Turn that frazzle into dazzle with great advice on how to use the state, location, and national elections to teach your children important civics skills!
- 8 simple, tested rules that make field trips pleasant for everyone.
- Have yourself a merry little . . . painting party? Art lessons with major motivation!
- The homeschool days of an animal-loving family and how another family tackles their idea of a “laid-back” summer homeschool day.
- Magda Jackson shares tips for “Baby’s First Field Trip” (good for toddlers, too!)
- Attorney Anthony Kolenc with helpful legal consideration for a new co-op
- Best-selling science author Janice VanCleave teaches kids about gravity using bugs, upside-down plants, and balancing
- Bess Wuertz explains how to customize the famous “First Great Lesson” in the Montessori curriculum to fit your family’s beliefs
- Melissa Morgan’s top tips about how to make road trips with young ones more bearable — and educational!
- College-prep expert Dr. Kuni Beasley reveals what you need to know about the #1 scholarship competition in the USA. If your child is going into 9th or 10th grade, you NEED to read this article!
- Anne Wegener with a message for grandparents and those who love them
- Survey reveals what actually gets kids interested in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math)
- $Billion appeal for new international education agenda that bears watching
- Info on how to find a work-from-home job, including the top companies that actually hire such workers
- Method for catching up on/teaching elementary math and pre-algebra really FAST
- DVD-based physics course for Christians
- Former Teacher of the Year’s take on “school” education
- Make-your-own rolling tabletop mini trebuchet (from company with LOTS of fun kits!)
- Revised edition of classic book on education
- Music games & activities for kids
- Philosophy for teens
- Book about how some schools are literally turning kids into criminals
- How to get started in homeschooling
- Contests for subscribers with awesome prizes!
- Envelope Gallery of kids’ art
- Ads with special offers
Want to subscribe and receive this issue as the first in your subscription?
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library