What's in Practical Homeschooling #87?
- The drums are beating for a "national civilian service corps." Do elite power players really plan to "draft" our children? What has happened before in countries that have tried this? And what can we do about it?
- What today's homeschool movement can learn from how the Women's Missionary Societies grew... and why they faded.
- A day in the life of a homeschooling missionary family
- Homeschool dad Bill Pride shares a unique plan that allows families with lots of children to afford college for all
- Best-selling science author Janice VanCleave shows kids how to grow crystals and provides follow-up activities in the areas of science, history, and math
- Don Aslett, the world's #1 cleaning expert, saves you hours of work by explaining how to design organization IN and mess OUT
- Homeschool author Joyce McPherson has insider tips on how to get your kids, or local group, started with the National Geography Bee
- Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring, has dozens of great (mostly free) resources for "toddlercizing" - exercising for young kids
- History expert Sam Blumenfeld with fascinating facts about Flag Day
- Mary Pride explains how she plans to retire, WITHOUT any pension funds, even if Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare all fail - which they likely will
- Jeannette Webb, recipient of the Presidential Scholar Distinguished Teacher Award and expert at getting kids into top colleges, with expert advice on how to fill out a college application and avoid mistakes that can cost your child's acceptance
- New math honor society for homeschoolers
- An update on high-school hazing
- Strange new fashion trend
- Scary new screening for expectant moms
- What you need to know before you take your teen for his or her next pediatric visit
- Publishing milestone on Abraham Lincoln's bicentennial anniversary
- Can an online software program really improve your child's writing? Even a program powered by artificial intelligence? We check it out.
- We support true volunteering, and here's a book about how to help the hungry and homeless
- Clueless about the Christian side of the "worldview war"? This book and DVD combo might help.
- "Our textbooks aren't biased! Or our classes!" Zat so? With the help of this book, you'll be able to recognize worldview bias in educational content of all kinds.
- Book on how to make the most of a museum visit
- Music flashcards - oldie but goodie
- Literary curriculum helps kids explore multiple literature genres
- Book series introduces young children to great artists
- Contests for subscribers
- Readers' opinions on important subjects
- Envelope Gallery of kids' art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library