What's in Practical Homeschooling #83?
- Nominate your favorite homeschool products, to be voted on in the upcoming 2009 Reader Awards
- Is the entire US middle class being outsourced? And what do our kids have to know in order to compete globally?
- Homeschooler Bethany Hamilton is a dedicated surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack. Find out how this champion used her loss to become an inspiration to others.
- How to pick the best college (really specific advice)
- How important is playtime?
- How a homeschool mom got The College Board to accredit the AP course she designed for her children
- Mary Pride explains how to prevent your children from joining the "tubeoisee"
- New columnist Don Aslett, the world's #1 cleaning expert, shares inside tips on how to get kids motivated to clean up their mess
- Homeschool author Joyce McPherson shows how to turbocharge your spelling bee
- 50 nature study tips, all on a budget, by Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring
- M.I.T. graduate (and Ph.D. mathematics candidate) Bill Pride unveils the sneaky success of high-school statistics courses
- History expert Sam Blumenfeld sheds light on the American two-party political system
- Homeschool author and speaker Shelley Noonan shares the joy of afternoon tea
- Jeannette Webb, recipient of the Presidential Scholar Distinguished Teacher Award and expert at getting kids into top colleges, lays out her tips for pre-college standardized testing
- California's shocking move to prevent kids who take courses using Christian textbooks from attending state colleges
- Ethics -- for today's high-school students, it's how low can you go
- A public-school teacher who couldn't read, but taught for 17 years
- Source for free national standards portfolio pages
- What do parents REALLY want school to do more? Surprising answer!
- National autism screenings -- our take
- Competition for college entrance -- up or down?
- The first ever online learning world for grades K-2
- TruthQuest history guides
- This book makes coin collecting cool AND organized
- A book on how "cool stuff" works
- Remember the old Landmark historical biographies? They're baaack... from this publisher
- A book about great things to do outdoors with kids
- A new book on old Roman culture
- THE book for answering the question "What about socialization?"
- Mary Pride reviews her favorite six college guides
- A program with 160 interactive guitar lessons
- This program guides your child through writing his or her own small book... which can be professionally printed for $9.99
- The "basic" level of Math Blaster
- Charlie Brown and the gang play ball
- Contests for subscribers
- Readers' opinions on important subjects
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library