What's in Practical Homeschooling #81?
- The eagerly awaiting 2008 Practical Homeschooling Reader Awards. Which 205 educational curricula and products were voted the best by your fellow homeschoolers?
- What does it take to win our Cover Photo contest? Find out by viewing the entries that *almost
- won -- with our comments about what could have been done to make each a winner.
- A young homeschool family from Massachusetts and a homeschooled girl from Washington state both share their homeschool days
- Sisters with perfect SAT essays -- at age 13. Two young teen sisters who serve as legislative pages. A Youth of the Year. And they're all homeschooled!
- Where are those helicopter parents coming from... and why middle-class kids are suddenly getting upper-class-style backup.
- Homeschool author Joyce McPherson know how to make reading a party. Learn from her how to start and run a Mother-Daughter Book Club (with reading suggestions!)
- Chores! How to teach your children to love them, by Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring
- Canada's National Educator Literacy Award winner Michael Maloney explains how geography affects history, and how this makes both subjects instantly 100 percent more interesting
- M.I.T. graduate (and Ph.D. mathematics candidate) Bill Pride explains what math majors really do -- and outlines a high school course that SHOULD be taught, but never is
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld gives his reasons why every homeschooled child should learn public speaking
- Tired of people asking if homeschooling prepares kids for the "real world"? Then you'll want to read homeschool author and speaker Shelley Noonan's interview with her son, a homeschool grad and Peace Corps member.
- Jeannette Webb, recipient of the Presidential Scholar Distinguished Teacher Award and expert at getting kids into top colleges, lays out how to plan a successful freshman year of high school... at home
- Patrick Henry College's amazing new building opportunity
- How much do American and Brit teens know about history? Shocking!
- An ingredient you never want to see in your baby care items
- Surprising facts about hearing loss in children
- A new reader series from a major publisher
- Two award-winning Latin curricula for young children
- An adorable, easy to use, Christian preschool program
- Learn graphic design at home with this excellent book just for homeschoolers
- A book that helps you teach your children manners
- Looking for service projects for your kids? Try this book!
- A book of projects to turn daughters into Proverbs 31 women
- Life lessons in competence, for kids
- Teach your kids embroidery with this book
- A "science museum in a book"
- For the REALLY reluctant young mathematician... tempt him with baseball statistics -- specifically, fantasy baseball
- Contests for subscribers
- Readers' opinions on important subjects
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library